Did you know that Credit Unions offer the best auto loans? That can be very important, as the average cost of a new vehicle today is around $30,000.
Vehicles Second Largest Expenditures
The purchase of a car likely will be the second largest expenditure you have, second only to the purchase of a home. Whether you desire the shiny, brand new one, or if you are content with finding a reliable used one, we want to help you to get the most for your money.
Here are five reasons it makes more sense to get your loan through us:
1. Loan Approval. With us, you have a better chance of getting your loan approved. Even though the loan application process is the same and the underwriting process is similar, the credit union may make some adjustments that a commercial bank would not. Many credit unions are also more inclined to listen to its members’ needs and unique situations—sometimes adjusting terms of a loan accordingly.
Lower Rates Save You Money
2. We have lower rates. A five-year term is the most common loan term for a new or used car, and rates at a credit union are typically much lower than the average rate at a competitor bank. The savings in interest alone is a major reason to consider this financing. In a recent CUNA (Credit Union National Association) report, financing a $25,000 new automobile for 60 months at an Oregon credit union would save members an average of $107 per year in interest expense compared to what they would pay at another type of financial institution in the state. Just think of what you can do with that money.
Service Is Still Important
3. We provide personalized service. Because we are a are not for profit organization and work to provide members with high-quality services, you can openly discuss your concerns about your loan, talk about flexible repayment options and review your financial situation with a dedicated professional. This can alleviate some of the pressure of applying and securing financing for your new or used vehicle and you can be more confident that the credit union is working with your best interests in mind.
4. We offer educational resources. Many credit unions will provide information such as financing options and how to make the best decisions when assessing the value of your car purchase. If you’re a first-time car buyer and apprehensive about the loan process, you can turn to a credit union for unbiased answers.
5. We offer a non-sales approach. Unlike other financial institutions, which often grant their lenders bonuses or some type of compensation for the loans they get approved, credit unions, as not-for-profit financial institutions, work for their members and aren’t driven to sell you anything that equates to extra money in their pocket.
Benefits of Being In a Cooperative
All profits from members end up going back to them in the form of lower rates on financial products and more flexible loan options. If you don’t like the pressure of working with other lenders, a credit union is the answer. You should find out that credit unions offer the best auto loans. To find out more, call us at (541) 382-1795, email us at email@example.com or visit one of our Central Oregon branches.