In November of 1957, a handful of Prineville educators pooled their savings in a shoebox to provide loans for each other in times of need. That very humble beginning 60 years ago has grown to an institution serving more than 29,000 members, employing 100-plus teammates in seven branches, who have loaned more than $1 billion dollars since our inception. Think of all the dreams we’ve achieved together since then!
Sure, we’ve accomplished a lot in our 60 years of serving local families like yours, but we’d prefer not to rest on our laurels. There’s too much we still want to do to help you reach your financial goals.
We’re using our milestone birthday as a challenge to keep growing and evolving to meet your financial needs. We want to be the one you rely on—not just now, but 60 years from now.
Sixty Reasons: #60for60
We’re counting the reasons our 60th might be our best year yet. We’ll be sharing some key milestones, fun events—and, hopefully—a few inspiring member stories. Watch the Mid Oregon View, our Facebook page, or follow us on Instagram to stay up to date. And look for the #60for60 seal and hashtag on our photos, stories, and posts to see some of the things that made the cut.
And since this is your credit union, we may call upon you to offer up a few of your own! Keep an eye out for the occasional poll or survey to see what you think makes our 60th year a special event for Central Oregon and our awesome members.
Mid Oregon’s #60for60
- Mid Oregon grows to $200 million in loans, as members continue to choose a member-owned, local option to finance their dreams.
- Another great year of welcoming local families for our January and February 2018 Free Family Saturday events at the High Desert Museum.
- Since November 2017, members have earned more than $1,500 in gift cards by referring their friends and neighbors to Mid Oregon using our Tell-A-Friend Program!
- Mid Oregon crosses the threshold to 29,000 members—and still counting!
- As a member-owned financial cooperative, we invite our member-owners to join us every year for our Annual Membership Meeting—you’ll know how we’re doing, and what’s in store!