Perhaps it seems there is a lot going on in La Pine right now? You would be right!
With our new branch opening on Huntington in La Pine in early June, we are very excited about the activities there in the next few months. We would like our members and the community to know more as well!
- The La Pine Chamber of Commerce just held their annual chamber banquet on Saturday, 4/9,
and local community leaders and businesses were honored. Our La Pine branch manager, Tiffany Zeiler, sits on the chamber Board of Directors. Mid Oregon was nominated for the Business of the Year award. We didn’t win, but that’s OK. Mid Oregon member S & S Auto Parts and owner Scott Asla did. Congratulations Scott and S & S!
- On Tuesday, April 26, we are bringing one of our most popular financial workshops to the La Pine Library at 6 pm, “Take the Wheel, Get the Best Car Deal“. Presented by Tom Collier, longtime Central Oregon auto dealer, professional and current auto broker, this free class shows attendees how to negotiate the best vehicle price, decipher financing options and warranties, how much you can afford, and how to best work with dealers. RSVP to email@example.com or call (541) 382-1795. This is one workshop you will appreciate attending!
- Progress is happening fast at our new branch location. Sunwest Builders has got things moving along, and the outside of the branch is really taking shape. Save the date for Saturday, June 4, from 11 am to 3 pm as our Grand Opening open house celebration. Stay tuned for more news!
- On Saturday, May 7, Mid Oregon is helping out the Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office with their Free Shred Day at the Sheriff’s Substation on Highway 97 at the south end of La Pine. From 10 am to 1 pm, we will be helping Sheriff’s Deputies and volunteers collect your personal documents for shredding, take in unwanted or expired prescription drugs, and receive non-perishable food donations for the La Pine Community Kitchen. Come and help yourself, support the community, and meet some of our new branch staff.
- We will be hosting one or two “Beat the Rush” pre-branch opening events for those who want to join the credit union, expand their current relationship or just learn more about what makes Mid Oregon special. Excitement about the new full-service branch coupled with our recent charter expansion into North Klamath and Lake Counties, we want everyone to have the opportunity to join and experience our ‘Good Friends, Great Service’ when it bests fits into their schedule. Watch for more on these mid to late May events.
- On Saturday, June 11, one of the biggest South County events of the year is taking place at L & S Gardens, the Rhubarb Festival. Attended by over 3,000 people in 2015, the festival features music, fine beverages, lots of fun activities, and of course the special rhubarb dishes that make this so unique.
- In a little over two months, the La Pine Rodeo and Frontier Days will be upon us, when the weather is warm, the food is good (and barbecued!) and the fun builds to a summer high in South County. Check out the La Pine Chamber event calendar for more information and additional events!
Wow! There really IS a lot going on. We hope to see you in La Pine at one or more of these special events. Please stop by and introduce yourself.