Incidents of identity theft, compromised systems, and data theft seem to dominate the news these days. Minimize the chance of an internet mishap and learn how you can be on-guard online to help protect your information, your computer, even yourself.
Attend Protect Yourself Online, a free workshop that will be held on Tuesday, June 21, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. at Mid Oregon Credit Union, 1386 NE Cushing Drive in Bend. Presenter will be Ray Spreier, Mid Oregon Credit Union CIO. To register for this workshop, call (541) 382-1795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refreshments will be served.
With some awareness and a just a few of the right tools, you can enjoy your computer with confidence and stay connected without worry. Topics at this popular and informative workshop will include:
- Taking a ‘Defense in Depth’ approach to protecting yourself
- ABCs of FirewallsAntivirus and spyware protection
- Secure and anonymous web browsing
- Securing email
- Internet safe practices
- Securing laptop computers and portable devices
- Recognizing intrusion and phishing attempts