Tools to Help You Manage Your Finances
Part 7 of our series highlighting the newest and best features of our recently upgraded website, Resources/Education, is our “Website Wednesday” feature this week. Read about our previously highlighted features.
Mid Oregon Credit Union exists to help people meet their needs and achieve their dreams. Our purpose is to provide financial value and service to current and future members.We believe in a true and impactful commitment to the community in which members live, work, worship and go to school.
We also recognize and share in a corporate social responsibility to our communities and residents. One of the ways we act on our responsibility is to make financial literacy for our members and the community a priority. Our website page on Resources/Education reflects some of the resources and information we provide to add value through financial literacy.
Our Resources/Education page highlights some tools to help you manage your finances:
- Free Financial Workshops. Most months Mid Oregon hosts free workshops available to anyone in the community on a variety of financial topics, such as budgeting, credit, home buying, social security and buying a car. This month, on November 19, we have one workshop, “ID Theft: Who Has Your Number?”, where you can find out how we make ourselves vulnerable to identity theft, learn valuable tips on how to protect your Social Security number from fraud, become skilled at spotting phony phishing attacks in your in‐box. The 2016 annual workshop schedule will be available from this page around year-end.
- Financial Calculators. These were covered in our #10 website feature, Financial Calcuators
- Insurance. This button directs users to the website for Cascade Insurance Center*, one of Mid Oregon’s “Strategic Partners” who have been identified to add value for members in a very important area. Having your insurance reviewed is one of the easiest ways to potentially save money that is available. John Gould of Cascade Insurance has an office in Mid Oregon’s Bend Olney Street branch.
- Financial Planning. We have personalized resources* available for people who are looking for options on Retirement Income Planning, Comprehensive Financial Guidance, Long Term Care Insurance, 401(k) Planning and Life Insurance Planning.
- Financial Information. Finally we have a list of links to internal and external resources which provide a wide range of information from sources such as the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy, the U.S. Treasury, the Credit Union National Association and NEFE (National Endowment for Financial Education). *
Website Wednesday- Ten Mid Oregon Website Features:
- Tools to Help You Manage Your Finances
- Helping you find the right car at the right price-AutoSmart
- Community Involvement- It’s Who We Are
- Financial Calculators
- Links for the Mid Oregon Credit Union web site to other web sites are provided solely as a conveniences to visitors. If you use these links,you will leave the Mid Oregon web site. The Credit Union does not have any responsibility or control over any of these external web sites, their content or their privacy policies. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party external web sites, including any information, products, materials or results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the linked third-party web sites, you do so entirely at your own risk. You are encouraged to review the privacy notice for each linked web site.