Last Friday’s “Ransomwear” attack on computers around the globe is the latest reality check
on how well protected- or not protected- digital users are in today’s world. As a Central
Oregon financial institution with many thousands of members who choose to access their
account information and finances through their laptop, phone, tablet or desktop, we want
our members to be safe online.
Mid Oregon Provides Secure Digital Environment
It is important our members know that Mid Oregon Credit Union takes very seriously protecting
their information and accounts. While we have very robust systems, processes and
procedures in place, we are constantly challenging and improving how we maintain a safe
and secure environment.
We also believe we can help our members and the community of Central Oregon make
themselves more safe and secure. We provide tools and services for financial transactions to
better protect our members’ financial activities, and alerts to notify them when something
might be wrong.
Stickley On Security
We also have an informative web resource in our midoregon.com Security and Fraud Center
called “Stickley on Security”. Users can view news/alerts, information and tips, mobile
security helps, ID theft information and more…including in video form.
Here are some of the available tools, resources and information that can help you stay safe:
- CardNav℠ by CO-OP for Debit Cards. Can instantly set the terms for when, where and how your debit card is used- anytime, anywhere..via your smartphone or tablet. Use GPS to control transactions within designated location, set limits to match your budget, turn card on and off in seconds and receive card use notifications and spending limit alerts.
- Mid Oregon Online Banking. Besides the convenience of viewing account balances, transferring funds, printing check images and reviewing and downloading transaction details, Mid Oregon online banking has multi factor authentication to increase your personal security. With secure eStatements you reduce paper clutter, and use available export feature to download to your favorite financial software.
- Stickley on Security Article: “Ransomware Cripples Healthcare System Across UK and Wreaks Havoc Around the World”
- Create Strong and Unique Passwords for every Account– Stickley on Security
- What is Multifactor Authentication? -Stickley on Security
- Smartphone Security Reminders– Stickley on Security
- Take the Secure Identity Challenge! This quiz will ask you important questions and give you valuable information to help you keep your personal information secure and your identity out of the hands of criminals. Stickley on Security